- Paul Campos' Weblog on ChooseAbility.org

Stuff for people with disabilities and other cool stuff too.

Friday, September 13, 2002

I watched the show, "Like it is", hosted by Gil Noble this past Sunday. One of the journalism students was talking about people being quick to look for heroes in the wake of all the events that changed our lives on September 11th, 2001. I'm not sure what this person saw as the problem with looking for heroes, but I think it's a natural response to such a horrific event. It just so happens that we didn't have to wait very long to find heroes. A few people took matters into their own hands and overtook the terrorists who hijacked Flight 93, headed for Washington. The fear I was feeling turned to feelings of wanting to fight back--feelings of hope. I'm grateful for their heroics. It was the kind of inspiration we all needed in one of the most dreaded days in American history. It was said that New York stopped for a day in order to sort things out. I remember feeling like I was in a trance and the news of what the people did on Flight 93 helped me to overcome my fears. Thank God for heroes. May we all learn from their example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home