- Paul Campos' Weblog on ChooseAbility.org

Stuff for people with disabilities and other cool stuff too.

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Wired News: Tune Out, Turn Off, Drop Offline
The information in this article is very helpful in understanding why certain groups of people drop offline, or just don't use the Internet at all. For me, it's alarming to know 75 percent of people with disabilities are not using the Internet (if the figures are correct). We at ChooseAbility believe people with disabilities should own the Internet. Of course, nobody knows better than me how frustrating and difficult using the Internet can be. I'm using a primitive Dragon Dictate program for all of my writing and mouse commands. I'm pretty good at it, but believe me, a head mouse would help to make surfing much easier and faster. It's the cost ($1,300) that keeps me from purchasing it. There are even cheaper programs that are similar, but it has still been difficult for me to come up with the money. If any of you have any ideas on how to locate equipment or programs that will help people like myself, please don't hesitate to send me an email. We'll be happy to do something for you in return. In the meantime, I'll keep posting and writing as much as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home