- Paul Campos' Weblog on ChooseAbility.org

Stuff for people with disabilities and other cool stuff too.

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Republican Senator Norm Coleman from Minnesota is trying to find out if what the Recording Industry is doing is up to snuff, according to this Wired.com article. As you will see, his concerns are good ones.

Excerpt from article:
Coleman, who has two children, admitted that he's faced the issue himself as a parent.

"I've had this problem in my family," Coleman said. "I'm sure my children have used file-sharing programs."

"I have confessed to using Napster," he said, adding that he does not use any file-sharing programs anymore.

In his letter to Sherman, Coleman writes that he's also concerned about the barrage of subpoenas at the Washington, D.C., district court that has created "such a backlog" that the courthouse has reassigned clerks to help with the paperwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home